1. SPS General Contracting Services, Inc. has been in business for over 20 years in the metroplex.
2. We HAVE ACTUALLY INSTALLED THOUSANDS OF ROOFS in Denton, DFW Metroplex, around the state of Texas and Oklahoma.
3. We have been trusted by FEMA and the US Army Corp of Engineers to cover over 30 million sqft of temp roofs.
4. Have passed with flying colors all audits performed by the US Dept of Labor after each federal contract performed by SPS General Contracting Services, Inc..
5. Have hundreds and hundreds of local references for your review of roofs completed with 100% satisfaction.
So in closing, SPS General Contracting Services, Inc. IS A COMPANY YOU CAN TRUST. We are a company that has been here for 20 years and will continue to be here another 20 years.
In the wake of the recent storms that devastated hundreds of homes in the area, hundreds of roofing companies from around the country will begin to pour into your area and begin the process of high pressure sales and bidding of this project. Please be sure to look for the following when considering the company you choose to contract with.
Texas State Law
Chapter 35 Insurance Fraud Section 35.02(7)(B)
BUSINESS & COMMERCE CODE
CHAPTER 27. FRAUD
§ 27.02. CERTAIN INSURANCE CLAIMS FOR EXCESSIVE CHARGES.
(a) A person who sells goods or services commits an offense if:
(1) the person advertises or promises to provide the good or service and to pay:
(A) all or part of any applicable insurance deductible; or
(B) a rebate in an amount equal to all or part of ?any applicable insurance deductible;
An adjusters written estimate for an insurance claim on a roof is estimated to be $11,000 to replace what was damaged. This is called the Replacement Cost Value or (RCV).
The Homeowner / Insured has an insurance deductible of $1,500 plus the Insurance company withheld $2,500 in Recoverable Depreciation.
Recoverable Depreciation is money that will be paid back to the insured only when ALL the repairs are completed and the total cost of replacement is at least the full RCV amount or $11,000.
This means the insurance company’s first payable check or portion of "buying the roof" is $7,000. This is called the Actual Cash Value or (ACV). The Actual Cash Value is the value of your property/roof after depreciation.
- Ask your contractor to see LOCAL REFERENCES. If they can not provide you with local references they are not a local company.
- Ask your contractor to show you proof of GL insurance with a local address on the cover note.
- Where is the company’s office located?
- Will the company you choose be around in 2, 4, 10 years to warranty your roof?
- Does the company you choose have a steady record of being in business in the area for more than 5 years?